Participatory discrepancies in music

I searched for three pieces myself that I believe include “participatory discrepancies” in the music. I thought it would be fun to identify the discrepancies in the music I looked for myself as well.

I noticed in this piece there was a continuous cymbal or pan sound in the drums causing  intonation while it plays on each strong beat. The cymbal sound plays through rests sometimes, really combating itself with the other rhythms going on in the melody line and bass, though still feeling in agreeance with each other. It’s not bad to listen to several times and pick out different parts to follow.

I don’t even know, but I went into the depths of youtube and found this interesting piece. The guitar plays an ostinato line throughout the song and the band plays everything else around it, even tho its really hard to put that guitar line into the piece, it feels left out and conflicting to what everyone else is doing, like also in my first example. The intonation is off but they purposely do it and it makes for a cool sound once you get used to it.

This songs got a lot going on with it, I had to listen many times to pick it apart. It starts with sounds you’d hear in the wild, giving off an outdoor vibe to the music, starting with a very impulsive drum followed by a combatting woodwind. The drums and woodwind are totally off doing their own thing but it sounds very cool. I notice the woodwind sound at the end actually gets response from a bird that is also in the mix. So either they got an actual response from a bird or the woodwind heard the music before and tries to imitate the light, fluctuating bird sounds being heard, something to pay attention to.